The OHAUS Explorer® Series has risen to the next level of ingenuity!
Expanding on its modern features & design to offer unmatched functionality in a line of high-performance balances unlike any other on the market.
Standard Features Include:
All Explorers have newly optimized linearity and repeatability specifications and enhanced vibration filtering for better balance stability. All models also come standard with AutoCal™ automatic internal calibration. 3×3 filtering setup ensures fast and stable weighing results. These combined enhancements improve accuracy, efficiency, and throughput.
A large color touch-screen display, icon-driven application software that features 14 unique application modes, and a 3 level adjustable angle display make Explorer the easiest to use, most advanced balance in its class today.
The base and display separate for maximum flexibility in any work area. Draftshield models isolate the weighing chamber to enhance stability and speed results while offering maximum accessibility through the flip-top and expansive side doors. Handsfree entry is available with optional automated side doors.
Explorer has four user-programmable touch free sensors to minimize cross contamination and wear and tear normally associated with repeatedly touching the balance. The Explorer EX…M Models have been designed and verified to meet or exceed the Class I and II accuracy requirements in accordance with EC Directives and EN45501.
With stabilization times up to 50% faster and superior shock protection, Explorer delivers fast, accurate, and reliable results.
• Fast stabilization time
Improves operational efficiency
• Optimized linearity and repeatability specifications:
Provides accurate and repeatable results
• Optimized vibration filtering
Provides balance stability in unstable environments
• Superior Shock, Spill and Splash Resistance
2-D Protection guards balance against disruptions in service due to shock or sudden movements. IP54 base enclosure protects the weighing base from damage by debris, humidity and accidental spills and splashes.* *High Capacity Models Only
SmarText™ 2.0 is OHAUS’ easy-to-use graphical software featuring 14 applications, virtual QWERTY and numeric keypads, and below minimum weight indication.
• Color VGA display with icons for simple menu navigation High resolution, 5.7” (145mm) diagonal color 640 × 480 pixel display reproduces highly readable operating software
Resistive touch screen display quickly responds to operator’s touch or stylus
• 14 built-in applications with customization capabilities to meet the varying needs in laboratory and industrial settings
• Minimum Weight capability with visual warning feature
• Virtual QWERTY keyboard and numeric keypad to quickly input GLP and GMP data and other application data, direct scan of the sample ID to the input field with an optional barcode reader.
• Password protected User Manager with administrator capability
• Library function to store and recall customized applications including 10 recipes for Formulation application.
• Alternate RS232 command feature adapts the balance to existing data acquisition software.
• External input for zero, tare or print operations via the external foot switch accessory.
• Audible and visual feedback for touch screen input commands as well as the indication of the check weighing status.
AutoCal™ ensures performance and assists with routine maintenance by automatically calibrating the balance daily.
• Self-calibrates the system when it senses a temperature change sufficient enough to affect weighing accuracy, or every 3-11 hours,
depending on the user configuration
• Performs routine calibration and reduces the need for external masses
• External Calibration Models Available —
Select models feature traditional external calibration in which external weights (user’s choice of calibration weight values) are required to calibrate the balance to ensure accuracy
Practical TOUCHLESS SENSORS:
Explorer features up to four touchless sensors for hands-free operation of zero, print, calibration, tare, automated draftshield doors and other selectable functions.
• Hands-free operation
Improves weighing efficiency
Eliminates sample residue transfer
• Two sensors on the base* and two on the display can be set up individually to allow for remote operations.
• The sensors can be set up to provide automated operation of the draftshield side doors and can be programmed to automatically open the opposite side door in order to support efficient and logical sample placement with your free hand.
• Metrology: NIST Handbook 44 (NTEP CC 12-012), Measurement Canada Weights and Measures Regulations
(AM-5847) (Class I, nmax 320000; Class II, nmax 42000; certified models only)
• Product Safety: IEC/EN 61010-1:2010; CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1-12; UL Std. No. 61010-1 (3rd Edition)
• Electromagnetic Compatibility: IEC 61326-1; EN 61326-1:2006 (Class B); C-Tick; FCC Part 15 (Class A);
ICES-003 (Class A)
• Environment: RoHS; WEEE
Plate Size: 90mm ø
Please download datasheet for full product information